
For those of you who do not know, I am married to a fireman. He works for the Bartlett Fire Department, where he is a lieutant on B shift, at station 3 at the corner of Hwy 70 and Memphis Arlington. He has been there for about 13 years now and as long as he and I have been together. Well....he and another guy he works with put out a text message "thingy" that when there is an actual fire, if you subcribe to the text messages, it sends it to your phone. So, here it is at 4:30 in the afternoon and yes I got one of those text messages about a "working" fire that his company was first in on. Which for those who know nothing about the fire department, that means they were the first ones to get there when the fire was full blown. So, my heart starts going 90 miles an hour as I am nervous and full of anxiety knowing that he is in a fire that is 300 degrees or so. As long as we have been together, it does not get any easier to handle. When we first starting dating, he would call me after the fire to tell me about it and that he was okay. Then, I learned, the longer we were together, that if I called him and it was several hours before he called back, we was more thatn likely at a fire. Now, I know before he even gets there. I am excited, I guess, that he is getting to fight fire because he loves it but sad for the loss of a house for a family or business and nervous for him as well as myself and Nathan. Larry, I love you more than anything in this world, okay Nathan is a close second. Stay safe out there and I pray to God everyday for you and your safety.








No comments:
Post a Comment